Year 9 Science
Year 9 will have an important Progress Test for Science in their lesson on Monday 4th December.
The topics covered will be:
- Respiration (B1.3)
- Motion (P2.1) – only what has been covered in lessons before test
- Bonding (C2.2) – only what has been covered in lessons before test
It may also include topics from the previous half term:
- Cell Structures (B1.1)
- What happens in cells (B1.2)
- The Particle Model (C1.1)
- Atomic Structure (C1.2)
These topics are part of the OCR Gateway GCSE Science course.
Please note that all pupils have access to ‘FROG’ and ‘Kerboodle’ (containing the online textbook for the GCSE course), which I would strongly encourage them to utilise:
Access FROG via the VLE link on the Cardinal Wiseman school homepage
The Science department GCSE folder on FROG has boardworks presentations and test-style revision questions with answers for each topic.
To access it click on FROG drive link at top of screen; click documents; click Frog resources (U) enter login details then find Science folder and GCSE.
- username : (Example) jbloggs (initial then last name; lowercase; no hyphens)
- password : same as username when logged on for first time, then change password
- institution : hgu0
Also BBC Bitesize GCSE has interactive activities and tests for Science:
This test will be an important indication to the Science Department of progress and needs to be attempted with maximum effort. They will also inform future set changes.
If you have any queries please contact me on 0208 575 8222 (Ext 437)
Science Key Stage 3 Manager