Sports Day Information
Read more for important information for parents of all students involved in Sports Day on Friday 14th June and also for lists of students competing in events
Your child will be competing in the School Athletics Championships at Perivale Park athletics track on Friday the 14th of June. We hope they enjoy the competition and wish them good luck. The BBC ‘five day’ forecast for Friday is not particularly high, 18 degrees Celsius and cloudy but this could easily change and we would still like to emphasise the importance of sun protection.
INFORMATION FOR COMPETITORS
- The team has no 'reserves' and no substitute will be allowed for pupils absent on the day except by those already on the team list. Pupils arriving late must stay in school and cannot travel to the track on their own.
TIME TABLE FOR SPORTS DAY
Those children on Free School Meals, who require a packed lunch because they are competing, and have seen the PE department before the end of the day on Thursday, collect them from the kitchen.
| || |
All competitors report to the designated areas on the bottom playground.100 metre runners in particular will need to be prompt.
Competitors walk down with the P.E. staff
(Year 9 pupils are to attend mass in the church at 8.25am and must meet in the bottom playground at 9.00am. If mass was to overrun, students will be escorted to Perivale Track after their Mass).
Finish. Parents may wish to collect children directly from the track at Stockdove Way, Perivale, or allow them to return to school.
Please advise all athletes
- They must arrive to school and compete in full school PE KIT. (School polo or Rugby shirt, School shorts, School socks, plane black tracksuit bottoms, No leggings.) FAILURE TO BE IN CORRECT KIT WILL RESULT IN STUDENT’S BEING PLACED IN ISOLATION FOR THAT SCHOOL DAY.
- To avoid sunburn use high factor sun block, stay in the shade when not competing. In addition a cap or hat should be worn all day when not competing.
- Bring lots of water, food, and sun cream.
- Do not bring any item of value, you will have to put it down to compete, it may then be stolen.
- Children on Free School Meals, who require a packed lunch, need to see a member of the PE department before end of the day on Thursday.
- Students, who have asthma inhalers or other medication inc. Insulin/sugar snacks, must bring it to the track.
- Students are not allowed in the outdoor exercise area in the corner of the stadium.
The P.E. Department