Changes to the 2013/14 School Uniform
Following the consultation with parents/carers in 2012 we are changing the school uniform from September 2013.
Following the consultation with parents/carers in 2012 we are changing the school uniform, from September 2013. The following changes have been made to ensure that there is greater consistency amongst all our students with regards to how they wear their uniform. This should allow staff to focus more of their attention on teaching and learning, and waste less time addressing uniform issues such as short skirt lengths and inappropriate tie lengths, to name a few. Students, who do not follow the schools Code of Conduct with respect to uniform, will be removed from lessons in September until the matter is addressed.
- New grey kilt style skirt – must fall below knee length. Compulsory for all female students wishing to wear a skirt. Girls’ trousers are still permitted.
- New Grey jumper with blue V-neck trim (compulsory for all Year 7-10 students).
- Clip on ties (compulsory for all students).
- Black tights only – tan/natural tights are not permitted (all female students). The only alternative to black tights are traditional white ankle socks.
- Black belts must be worn with boy’s trousers (where directed). This is in response to a current fashion amongst a minority of our male students who choose to wear their trousers below the waist, in turn exposing their underwear.
If you prefer to order online you can do so at:-
- www.classdesignshanwell.co.uk (website will be operational w/b 15th July 2013)