STEM Potential Programme
Applications are open for Year 10 students interested in studying Science and Maths post 16
STEM POTENTIAL PROGRAMME
Applications are open for Year 10 students interested in studying Science and Maths post 16.
• This two-year programme aims to support up to 90 students in their Y10 and Y11 studies via lectures, subject specific workshops and a non-residential summer school in Summer 2016
• There will be a number of contact days when you are expected to attend scheduled events at Imperial College – these days will be masterclasses in Science, Engineering and Maths subjects.
• In addition, lectures and other university experience taster days will be provided.
• ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
• Be taking GCSE exams in summer 2017,
• Have a keen interest in Science and Maths.
• Be considering studying Science and Maths in your post 16 studies.
• Be capable of achieving a minimum of 5A and 3B grades in GCSE's including an A in Maths and at least two Sciences and B grade in English Language.
• Be willing to travel to Imperial College for the scheduled dates of the programme.
• This application will take approximately 15 minutes to fill in and you will also be asked to provide a personal statement of up to 500 words. Students need to speak to their science teacher before application regarding their reference.
• DEADLINE – 4th October