Student voice is an essential aspect of everyday school life and so we are looking to appoint Year Team Leaders for Years 7-11.
A new Student Leadership structure which will be implemented this year.
Student voice is an essential aspect of everyday school life. It is vital that students are listened to, consulted and active in developing a cohesive and inclusive school community. We also recognise the value of developing all of our students as young leaders and this is encouraged throughout all curriculum areas. Leadership development promotes invaluable skills and confidence which are necessary as our young people move into adulthood.
We are looking to appoint Year Team Leaders for Years 7-11. There will be positions available for a male and female student in each year group. Students will need to apply by letter for this role outlining what qualities they possess and what their priorities would be as a Year Team Leader. Successful candidates will be invited to attend a group interview. Letters should be addressed to the Headteacher.
Year Team Leaders will be expected to carry out and uphold the following roles and responsibilities within the school community:
- Be a role model student with an excellent behaviour profile
- Support other students within their year
- Work with their Head of Year and Deputy Head of Year on matters of student voice
- Work with our Head Boy, Head Girl and Senior Prefects in the 6th form on Year group projects
- Be an active member of the school council and be part of the Student Leadership Team
- Represent their year group at school events which may involve meeting visitors to our school
- Produce an annual report for the Headteacher on the work they have carried out within the year group.
The deadline for applications is Friday 4th November; applications should be submitted to their Head of Year.