A Level and BTEC Courses
A Level subjects:
There have been many changes to A Level subjects over the last two years. From September 2017 all A Level subjects have been reformed with new specifications and exams.
Information on our AS Level exam policy for University Admissions Tutors:
- AS Level exam policy for the Academic Year 2016-17: all students were entered for AS exams in May/June 2017 apart from those studying Art, Photography and Drama.
- From September 2017 - all A Levels will be two year linear courses and students will not be entered for AS exams.
Click the links below for more information about the subjects offered
- English Language
- English Literature
- Further Mathematics
- Mathematics / Booklet 1-MEI Transition / Booklet 2 - Edexcel Transition
- Media Studies
- Product Design
- Religious Studies
BTEC Level 3 subjects are also available:
- Media Extended Diploma - 3 A Levels equivalent
- Business Diploma - 2 A Levels equivalent
- Travel and Tourism Extended Certificate - 1 A Level equivalent
BTEC Level 3 Courses will provide progression onto HND/ Foundation courses, university or employment
This is taken by all students who attend Cardinal Wiseman Sixth Form.
At the beginning of the academic year we deliver workshops for all students on how to develop greater independent study skills to help bridge the gap between Year 11 and Year 12. These sessions focus on research, extended writing and note taking skills. Throughout the year, we continue to organise sessions on effective revision techniques and developing a ‘growth mindset’ to be a successful A Level student.