Follow the links for details about all our our debating clubs:
How does it work?
In a nutshell: two teams prepare arguments for and against the motion, they debate and then answer questions from the audience
- A great way to develop confidence at speaking aloud and in front others
- Useful for public speaking development
- Helpful across a range of subject areas
- A way of arguing and complaining in a respectable manner
- A skill that is valued by top universities
- A fun way of meeting new people
- A way to stay in the warm during those cold winter months!
- Opportunities to debate against students from other schools