Key Stage 3
How often will I get homework?
Homework is set on a weekly basis and can take the form of a piece of written work, spellings to be learnt for a spelling test, research or revision for an end of unit test.
Are there any Extra Curricular activities?
- Visits - Museum of London, Imperial War Museum, Berlin, the Somme and Flanders, National Archives, visits to lectures for AS and A Level students, visiting university lecturers for AS and A Level students.
- Revision lessons for Year 11, 12 and 13 students
- A* History club for GCSE students
- Year 8 and 9 Able and Talented History club
- Year 7 History club
What if I find the work too hard?
What if I find the work too easy?
How successful is History at Cardinal Wiseman?
- "In History, the overall standard of teaching at all key stages is very good. Students reach well above the average national standard in History…. they analyse events and are confident in drawing conclusions from primary and secondary sources".
- "The development of ICT in History is excellent".
- "Investigations and the sifting of evidence are thorough".
- "Workshops run throughout the year to raise standards for all levels of ability".
- "Progress in Years 7-9 is good… this reflects high quality teaching".
And finally… what do students think of History?
"A majority of students, across all key stages make good progress in their understanding of History, because the focus of teaching and learning moves away from a teacher centred approach to student centred approach to learning".
- " I liked the research on Tudors that we did in Y8. It was great fun presenting my information on Anne Boleyn to the rest of the class!"
- "I chose History at GCSE because I know I will get a good grade in it and the teachers are very thorough."
- " I really enjoyed the visit to the battlefields in France and Belgium, it was very moving seeing all those gravestones."