Key Stage 4 Science
We offer students in Year 10 and 11 a variety of different Science courses. Students may complete GCSE Science, GCSE Additional Science, GCSE Biology, GCSE Chemistry, GCSE Physics or Entry Level Science.
GCSE Science (Exam board: OCR)
- 75% of GCSE Science is comprised of externally assessed written exams in January and June. Their are two tiers of exam papers; Higher (A*-C) and Foundation (C-G)
- 25% of GCSE Science is comprised of a controlled assessment task. This is completed in lessons and assessed by the teacher.
GCSE Science Topics:
- Understanding organisms and Understanding our Environment (Biology)
- Carbon Chemistry and Chemical Resources (Chemistry)
- Energy for the Home and Living for the future (Physics)
GCSE Additional Science (Exam board: OCR Gateway)
- 75% of GCSE Additional Science is comprised of externally assessed written exams in January and June. There are two tiers of exam papers; Higher (A*-G) and Foundation (C-G).
- 25% of GCSE Additional Science is comprised of a controlled assessment task. This is completed in lessons and assessed by the teacher.
GCSE Additional Science Topics:
- Living and growing and It’s a green world (Biology)
- Chemical economics and The periodic table (Chemistry)
- Forces for transport and Radiation for life (Physics)
GCSE Biology, Chemistry and Physics (Triple Science)
Exam board: OCR Gateway
- The living body and Beyond the microscope (Biology)
- How much (quantitative analysis) and Chemistry out there (Chemistry)
- Space for reflection and Electricity for gadgets (Physics)
Entry Level Science
- Extinction, Healthy Eating, My Genes (Biology)
- Acids and Alkalis, Cooking and Cleaning, Colours and Smells (Chemistry)
- Getting the Message, Our Electricity Supply, Attractive Forces (Physics)
Useful KS4 websites: