The original Cardinal Wiseman School was opened in 1959 as a special agreement school catering for 456 boys and girls aged 11-15 years. Since then the school has been reorganised several times.
In 1974, The London Borough of Ealing established a comprehensive school system with the age of transfer being 12+ years.
In 1986, The Cardinal Wiseman School amalgamated with the Cardinal Newman School and gained Voluntary Aided status.
In 1995, the DfEE inaugurated Cardinal Wiseman School as a 'Technology and Art College' following the successful application from the school. This has attracted considerable extra funding that is not normally available.
In 1998, The Cardinal Wiseman School applied to have the status extended for a second term. Following an inspection visit by the DfEE Technology Colleges Unit to see if our earlier targets had been achieved, the School was granted a second term without any conditions being imposed (other than the new targets!). A third term of Technology status has since been awarded and in 2006 the school was awarded a second specialist status in the area of Humanities.Once again, considerable funding has been attracted to the school.