School Uniform Changes
Please read more for details of very important changes to the school uniform and the Code of Conduct that parents need to be aware of before the beginning of the new school year in September
Dear Parent/Carer 24th June 2013
Re: Changes to the 2013/14 School Uniform
- New grey kilt style skirt – must fall below knee length. Compulsory for all female students wishing to wear a skirt. Girls’ trousers are still permitted
- New Grey jumper with blue V-neck trim (compulsory for all Year 7-10 students)
- Clip on ties (compulsory for all students)
- Black tights only – tan/natural tights are not permitted (all female students). The only alternative to black tights are traditional white ankle socks
- Black belts must be worn with boy’s trousers (where directed). This is in response to a current fashion amongst a minority of our male students who choose to wear their trousers below the waist, in turn exposing their underwear.
Changes to the Code of Conduct
- False nails & eyelashes (as well as tans that will be categorised as make-up) will not be permitted. False nails have been a particular problem this year, with teachers from Design Technology, Science and Physical Education expressing health and safety concerns relating to these cosmetic items
- The school will not authorise any holidays taken in term time and maybe forced to seek legal advice where this occurs. Leave of Absence can only be authorised in exceptional circumstances. This step has been taken to reflect the recent law change made by the coalition government.