Thou can not touch the freedom of my mind.”
In Cardinal Wiseman, Highest Able are the top 3-5% of every year group based upon KS2 and KS3 data.
A variety of culturally enriching activities and clubs are run in and out of school to extend the curriculum.
- Reading is important. A range of super-curriculum ‘Very short introduction to’ books are held within the school library. Also a range of diverse books, both factual and fiction, and New Scientist magazines are there to borrow from J205.
- The school has a relationship with St. John’s College, Oxford, having been part of the 2019-2022 pilot for the ‘Inspire programme’ to raise attainment. Workshops offer focused sessions on wide ranging topics. From September 2022, an ‘Inspire’ club will be run with KS3-4 year groups.
- Preparation and support is given to students with applications to Oxbridge and top Russell Group Universities.
- Annual school trips are organised to St. John’s, Oxford for all year groups
- St. John’s Aspiration Grant trips- a trip decided by students
- Shakespeare’s Globe productions for all year groups
- Into Film cinema trips for all year groups
- BBC School report for year 8