Politics is a subject that is consistently evolving. From Brexit to Presidential elections, Politics is such an integral subject to understand how the government, and, in turn, society operates. With our young people entering this ever-changing political landscape, with their right to vote, it is essential that they develop their own political thoughts and delve deeper into the intricacies of debates within political science. At the Cardinal Wiseman School, we believe that it is vital that students develop these essential skills and actively engage in Politics.
‘Politics and government are certainly among the most important of practical human interests’.
Key Stage 5 (Years 12 and 13)
Exam Board: AQA
- Paper 1: British Politics
- Politics e.g. political parties, pressure groups, Democracy and Participation
- Government e.g. PM and cabinet, Parliament
- Paper 2: American and Comparative Politics
- Politics e.g. political parties, pressure groups
- Government, e.g. Presidency, Congress
- Comparative Politics US/UK
- Paper 3: Political Ideas
- Liberalism, Conservatism, Socialism
Success and Achievement:
The Politics department has a long-standing record of success in A Level exams.
2021 exam results:
- We have a reputation for consistent excellent exam results.
- We use a variety of teaching and learning techniques. Resources are used with thorough exam preparation
- We are a department with experienced teachers with excellent academic credentials in the subject. We set high expectations for all our students and support them to achieve their goals.
Wider learning and enrichment opportunities:
- Trips, including Houses of Parliament;
- One-to-one support;
- Visiting speakers;
- Sixth Form Debating Society
- Politics Society.