Psychology is the study of how people think, react and interact. It is concerned with all aspects of behaviour and the thoughts, feelings and motivations that underlie such behaviour. It is an important subject because it relates to the whole range of human experience, from visual perception to complex social interactions.
Studying Psychology will allow you to develop a thorough understanding of theories and approaches to the understanding of human behaviour across different core areas of Psychology, without limiting study to any specific area.
Key Stage 5 (Years’ 12 and 13)
Exam board: AQA
- Paper 1 Introductory topics in Psychology
- Paper 2 Psychology In Context
- Paper 3 Issues and Options in Psychology
Success and Achievements:
- The Psychology department has a long standing record of success in A Level exams.
- We are very proud of our many past pupils who have gone on to study Psychology at prestigious universities including Oxford and Cambridge.
- We have a reputation for outstanding teaching and high academic expectations of all of our students and actively encourage them to push themselves forward in achieving their goals.
- The uptake at A Level is very high and we attribute this to the passion and enthusiasm that we display in everyday teaching.
Wider Learning and Enrichment Opportunities:
- We have a number of trips being planned to the Freud Museum and Bethlem Royal hospital.
- Visiting speakers
- One – to one support